Planning Your Way to Success: An Overview of the Business Plan
8:30am - 12:00pm MDT
Sponsored by SCORE Denver. A solid business plan is your road map to success. This workshop will show you how to prepare a great plan. Help take the mystery out of putting your business plan together quicker and easier.
You would never start on a journey across the country without a map or GPS – or both. Then why would you would embark on the journey of a lifetime with your money and property at risk without a plan. According to Dunn and Bradstreet (who monitor these things), 80% of the businesses that fail do not have a written business plan. Still wondering what to do:
· Have you read all the books and are still confused?
· Is your head spinning with what to put in a business plan?
· Have you wondered why you need a business plan in the first place?
· Have you started and got very frustrated with what to put into a business Plan?
· Have you been told that it will take 6 months (or more) to complete a business plan?
· Have you been told that you really don’t need a business plan if you don’t need financing?
· Have you bought a business plan computer program and still can’t get started – or finished?
This workshop helps you understand what a business plan is and how it is critical if you are going to need financial backing or not. Topics covered include:
· Who writes the business plan
· Components of an effective plan
· Preparing a statement about your business structure
· Developing your marketing plan
· Preparing alternatives to many of the contingencies you may face
· Developing a tactical launch plan and measurements of success for your business
· You receive and use worksheets from the workbook, “Let’s Write Your Business Plan”